We can help! We’re giving out a $1,000 scholarship.
We like students – students are our future. The scholarship, which is sponsored by Basin Electric Power Cooperative, recognizes and encourages the academic achievements of students in the region. It’s also an investment in the economic future of rural areas. Growth in rural areas means growth for our cooperative. It’s a win-win. And we like those too.
Ready to apply? Here’s what to do:
- Are you a high school senior?
- Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- Do your parents get electricity from Dakota Valley Electric? In other words, are they members?
- Do you plan to enroll full time at a two-year or four-year school next year?
APPLICATION CHECK LIST
- Fill out this application
- Include a recommendation letter from a teacher, counselor, administrator, etc.
- Write a two-page essay answering “How would you describe the value of your local electric cooperative to you and your immediate family?”
SELECTION | We will choose one winner based on a combination of SAT/ACT scores and overall grade-point average, work experience, participation in school and community activities, the application, recommendation letter and essay.
DEADLINE | Applications for the Dakota Valley scholarship to be awarded during the 2014-2015 school year will be accepted until February 15, 2014, and winners will be announced in March. Additional scholarship applications are available at dakotavalley.com or by request at email@example.com or 1-800-342-4671.
QUESTIONS? | Let’s talk. Phone: 1-800-342-4671. Web: www.dakotavalley.com . Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Facebook: Facebook.com/DakotaValleyElectric. Twitter: @DakValElectric